Bagan

Bagan

Monday, September 5, 2011

HOME TO PDX


After two chill nights at Lassen Volcanic NP, we stopped at Shasta Lake. We were overjoyed by the warm water. We quickly grabbed our towels, suits, and lunch and headed back to the water. This was the warmest swimming I have done this year.

Then headed north to Ashland. I heard it is a cool town and it is known for their summer long Shakespeare Festival. We camped at the only state park enroute to home, Valley of the Rogue. This was more of a pit stop for travelers then a destination area.

You could hear the crickets humming along with the highway cars. We had a nice warm free shower. Picked berries, such a natural sugar/sour taste, so much better than the store ones and it is free! Though you could hear the cars on I-5 zoom by throughout the night, I slept my best and did not even wake up to pee!
 The other week I found and contacted a guy, Ashley, who is doing a documentary on wwoofing. He lives just south of PDX so I set up a mtg. He and his wife did an international wwoofing honeymoon in 2009. He is just about done w/ the editing as this is not his full time job. I think it’s a fantastic film idea and trying to see how I can be of assistance. Besides some promo/marketing, it’s not clear how involved I can/will be; but it is exciting! Click here for a few pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment