Bagan

Bagan

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Metal Dinosaurs, Beers and Meditation Center - Oh My


Ft. Collins (FoCo) was a great visit. We stayed with a friend of mine, Kelley, who is from FoCo but lived in PDX for a few months in 2008; we met a couch surf meet up. We met Kelley at her work place, Odell brewery, and sampled a few beers. My tummy can’t keep up with all the delicious local beer here.

On Sat we were lucky to get 75 deg weather and hit another brewery, New Belgium. I am told this is the 3rd largest microbrew in the US. They give 4 free good size tasters. I love that you can walk everywhere here and there’s so many places to visit.

Sat night we headed to Denver for Kelley’s friend bday event at a salsa club. Yeah, not something I normally do and had to borrow a skirt and some heels, as I did not pack for such outings. Mark tried to teach me the way. It’s not too hard as long as you have a good leader.

As we headed home we were welcomed by another fire near town. It’s been a very dry and windy season so the fires are much worse than usual. We smelled it from Kelley’s house!

The fire prevented us from hiking the Horse tooth trail, so on Sunday Kelley took us for a nice long drive to Fort Collins Shambhala Center. An unexpected treat; meditation is something I have attempted but have not given much priority, even though I know of its great benefits.

We ended the day tour at Swetsville Zoo, which is a free place people can witness wicked cool art recycled from metal parts. Lots of dinosaurs and fun play with old school cars; all very real looking and creative things on here.  Thanks Kelley for an awesome weekend! Click here for pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment