Bagan

Bagan

Saturday, June 11, 2011

ANC: Where Travelers Meet

Earlier yesterday I got to meet Kerby, another local surfer, who took me to a nice hidden beach by the park near the city.  Today he showed me his art studio and latest project, which was pretty neat.

Then met up with the other surfers from GA, Chris and Mike that met Greg in MT. We hiked Flat Top Mt; 3 miles with 1252 ft elevation gain. We were a tad hung over but awesome rolling green hill and lightly snow peaked mts. The end was a crazy scramble; getting down took some time, but all beautiful up there.

Tomorrow am, I finally get to meet Meredith, another couch surfer, and head to Denali for a 3 night camping trip. We've communicated online and by phone to plan the trip; we met on the CS forum as many of us are looking for travel buddies. Chris and Mike are also joining our campsite. I have a good feelin this will be a fun trip.

After Denali on June 14th (me bday), Meredith and I will head to Talkeetna (somehow) to visit some more surfers and maybe hike and camp more. Will be back in Anchorage and reconnected with me laptop on the 17th for 2 nights; over and out. Click here for pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment