Bagan

Bagan

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hiking Solo & Salty Dawg - Homer, AK

Finally I did my first hike in AK. And my first time hiking solo, which I have been wanting to do for the past few yrs. And not to worry no bears were around :)

Been dying for a hike as it's been about 2.5 weeks since me last. Don't get me wrong, I get to walk around on Little Kayak Island, but the weather has been chilly and I've been tired from working to do a full on trail. 


I woke up to the sunshine; such a great feeling. I even had an odd dream related to it last night. I was given bear mace just in case and most of the time I even had cell reception, believe it or not.

Got a little lost here and there as there are tons of loops and trails. It's spring so still too early to see the wild flowers, so the hike was not majorly scenic. But found huge, hard mushrooms on a tree and what I though was a homestead, but could be wrong.

Overall good day. Then we headed to the famous Salty Dawg Saloon est. 1957, with an interesting history and where all the boat peeps hang out by the docks. Click here for more pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment