Bagan

Bagan

Friday, December 16, 2011

Butterfly Field Work: Trapping & Collecting


Another portion of the butterfly project is setting up traps w/ crushed bananas to catch 'em. After a bit of walking with long clothing, hopefully protecting me from the mosquitoes and ants, I feel ucky.

But it’s neat to walk and see so much vs sitting in front of a computer all day. I’m thankful that the pouring rain stopped when I arrived for the first 2 weeks I was here. It rained for the last 6 days and today was a nice one!

Though I am surrounded by nature here, I do not have the same feeling I experienced in AK. Not that I was expecting to, but just an observation.  CR is not as vast as AK. I guess CR is more crowded and perhaps the dense, humid jungle is just not as freeing as AK.
Click here for pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment